Friday, January 22, 2021

Creating your own happiness


There are plenty of things you can do of your own account to create that feeling of contentment and happiness within yourself that does not depend on other people or circumstances. 

As I strengthen my "conscious living practices" I realize more and more how this is possible. And in this post, I will share some ways in which I create my own happiness that you can consider applying into your own life. 

1. Smiling and taking an effort to connect with people: When I am out on my morning walk, I make sure to share my smile with every person I see - other ladies, elderly, kids, the apartment gardener, security personnel. I wish some of them and some wish me back. This fosters my sense of connection with the world around me and makes me feel good from the inside. 

2. Picking up some activities to do mindfully: I like to immerse myself completely in my music practice, my workouts, reading, my Journaling practice - everything I enjoy deeply. Doing what I love automatically makes me be more present / mindful and makes me feel happy / contented. 

3. Spending time away from social media and instead spending it with people and things that are in my life: Today we live in a world where our minds are constantly stimulated and unless we make a conscious effort to withdraw, we get pulled into the virtual world and lose connection with what's right around us. 

One of the conscious living practices is the "Gadget Fast". In this me & my group of "conscious living practitioners" stay away from gadgets for 3 hours in a row. This time is spent connecting with what's right around us. It's challenging for most of us, but we get better at it with conscious effort and our real life starts to get more enriching.

4. Aspiring for more with respect & regard to how far I have come: I do have goals and ambitions, but I try not to lose sight of my journey. Sometimes chasing after our goals that seem too far away to reach can make us feel like failures but taking the time to appreciate how far we have come can help approach goals with a better state of mind.

5. Managing my attitude with empowering beliefs: My deepest intention is to live a life of freedom - freedom to be, to express, to connect, share. I understand that not always my opinions and views are going to be endorsed, not always are those I wish to connect with going to reciprocate that connection, and not always I will be liked for being true and authentic. But that is how I choose to live my life as that's my deepest intention, not to be accepted by others but always be accepting of myself. Making mistakes (coz as a human, I am allowed to) and course correcting as I go about my life. 

Connecting to what's important to me helps me to carry on in spite of opposition and rejections from the outside world. 

These are just some ways in which I manage my own happiness - by controlling the things I can and making an effort to let go of what I can't. 



Sometimes it's tough to let go, those days I am extra gentle with myself and like all things the difficult feelings pass too (another empowering belief that - nothing lasts forever) 

Did you resonate with these points? Do leave a comment if you did. And wishing that you live your life in joy and learn to create your own happiness. 







No comments:

Post a Comment